The project went 1.0 today.
- A custom builder to customize your download. (It’s by the same guy behind initializr)
- An Ant Build Script that handles all the optimization to make YSlow and PageSpeed happy.
- Rich and beautiful documentation
- Lots of videos (2 new) on Getting Started and familiarizing with the Build Script
- Default webserver configurations optimized for perf for: Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd, Google App Engine, IIS, NodeJS
- Many small tweaks (read the source comments and full changelog)
- A humans.txt
- All that and we even reduced the overall published size of the boilerplate.
This project has ruined a few weekends for me and my co-conspirator Divya Manian, but it’s worth it. Divya is a dream open source contributor. (Thxthx!) Thanks also to Shi Chuan who became our first major contributor and now leads the Mobile Boilerplate project. He’s kickass. But this release is the collaborative work of hundreds of developers, who offered feedback and contributed code. Thanks everyone!
In detail here are some of the people who helped out:
Adam J. McIntyre, Adeel Ejaz, akolesnikov, Alex Dunae, Andrew Le, ashnur, Ben Truyman, Bruno Aguirre, Chris Hager, Corey Ward, Craig Barnes, crappish, Daniel Schildt, Dave DeSandro, Dustin Whittle, grigio, Irakli Nadareishvili, Jaime Bueza, Jake Ingman, James A. Rosen, Jeremy Balch, joe bartlett, Joe Sak, John Bacon, Jonathan Fielding, Jonathan Neal, kblomqvist, Kenneth Nordahl, Maarten Verbaarschot, Manuel Strehl, Marcel Turi, Martin Hintzmann, mikealmond , mikkotikkanen, Nic Pottier, Paul Neave, Peter Beverloo, Rick Waldron, Rob Flaherty, S Anand, Sam Sherlock, Michael Cetrulo, simshaun, Sirupsen, Stephen Gariepy, timemachine3030 , Vinay, Weston Ruter, WraithKenny, Yann Mainier, Michael van Laar, Massimo Lombardo, Ivan Nikoli?, Kaelig, Richard Bradshaw, SammyK, alrra, Rizky Syazuli, iszak, aaron peters, Swaroop C H, Mike Po?tyn, Marco d’Itri, Mike Lamb , BIG Folio, Philip von Bargen, Meander, Daniel Harttman, rse, timwillison, ken nordahl, Erik Dahlström, christopherjacob, Chew Choon Keat, benalman, stoyan, Markus, Vladimir Carrer, aristidesfl, Trevor Norris, xonecas, and Anton Kovalyov!
and if you get some time.. Poke at the new 1.0 code. and give the build script a try. You’ll be making your sites fast while making them faster. Enjoy.